Gathering to protest the re-election of State Rep. Byron Cook of House District 8.
Who is Byron Cook?
- The legislator that killed Gov. Greg Abbott’s ethics reforms, seeking to criminalize First Amendment rights in the process.
- Representative Cook’s bill would have placed oppressive restrictions on non-profit organizations, limiting free speech. (THSC is currently in a lawsuit with the Texas Ethics Commission over this very issue.)
- It was Cook who sought to appease the homosexual lobby by striking “mother” and “father” from birth certificates.
- Cook wants to give official State of Texas driver permits to illegal aliens.
- In 2011, Cook authored a bill that would have repealed Parent Taught Driver Education in Texas.
- Visit badbyron.com to see information about Byron Cook’s anti-conservative record.
5 p.m., Friday, October 30, 2015
At the entrance to the Corsicana Country Club
4100 Country Club Dr., Corsicana, Texas 75110
It is recommended that attendees park at The Remington at 122 West 3rd Street, Corsicana, Texas 75110 and allow us to shuttle everyone to the rally by van.
From 5 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. we will shuttle attendees to the gates of the Corsicana Country Club and begin our set-up for the rally.
- This is a RAIN OR SHINE event. We plan to gather to make our voices heard no matter what the weather. Ponchos will be made available, but please bring rain gear as well: boots, umbrellas, rain jackets, etc.
- From 5:30 p.m. until dark (approximately 7 p.m.) we will rally at the gates to the Corsicana Country Club to expose Byron Cook’s record of unconstitutional, anti-conservative, and ill-advised policies.
Texas Home School Coalition (THSC) serves Texas families with a core commitment to hold government officials accountable to the people. Please join us this Friday, October 30, with conservatives from all across the state of Texas to gather in Corsicana in Navarro County to do just that: hold State Rep. Byron Cook accountable to the people who put him in office.
Representative Cook plans to announce his re-election bid on October 30 inside the members-only Country Club in Corsicana. Jackie King, a conservative activist in Navarro County, recently sent an open letter to all conservatives in Texas asking us to join her in standing against Cook’s ongoing crusade against conservatism:
To the People of Texas and all Americans in the World,
In these desperate times, I call upon you for your help.
Fellow citizens and compatriots – we the people of House District 8 are besieged by a state representative – Byron Cook – who openly disregards our wishes and our interests. Navarro County voters voted against a County Court-at-Law 73%. Cook traveled to Austin and set one up for our county anyway! Now it is growing in size and scope – a growing burden on our limited county budget.
Many of you know the bills Cook has authored and sponsored to promote the liberal agenda. You are more than aware of the conservative bills he stifled in his State Affairs Committee and the Calendars Committee. You know how he trashed the Senate Ethics Bill so that Governor Abbott had to veto it for reasons of being unconstitutional.
Under the banner of being a conservative Republican, Cook has nonetheless pushed legislation to further degrade and destroy the two parent family, has pushed legislation to give government benefits to illegal aliens, has opposed restrictions designed to protect innocent life in the womb, and has worked to suppress our first amendment rights, as individuals, and as members of churches and local civic organizations.
On October 30, 2015 at 6:30pm at the Corsicana Country Club, Byron Cook intends to rally his financial backers in support of his re-election as state representative. I intend to be there to express my opposition to his destructive leadership, and to say “Shame!” “Shame on those who support the further degradation of our great State of Texas” by Cook and his coalition!!!! In the fight to preserve our liberty as Texans and Americans, I shall never surrender or retreat.
I will stand there alone if need be. But this is a resistance to a man who threatens all of Texas – child, elderly, family, church, business, borders alike. I need you voters of HD8 and all other conservatives of Texas to stand with me!!
I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid, with all dispatch! Join us on October 30 at 6:30pm at the entrance to the Corsicana Country Club to resist Byron Cook’s re-election and any further attacks on our Texas liberties and values.
More detail to follow in the coming days.
Navarro County Voter
House District 8
Sixth Generation Texan
THSC plans to answer Jackie’s call. Rogue politicians like Byron Cook need to learn that it is the people who control the state of Texas, not the politicians. Conservatives must demonstrate that we are united; that we will oppose any politicians who stand against conservative principles and family values and take the fight straight to their doorstep.
Will you stand with us in Corsicana?