Director of Events
THSC is looking for an experienced director of events to oversee the organization of events that will positively impact Texas families. You’ll ensure events are successful and cost-effective, paying attention to budget and time constraints.
The director of events is, above all, a project manager who understands marketing and promotion techniques. We want to see enthusiastic candidates with fresh ideas and the management and organizational skills required to leave nothing to chance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage all aspects of THSC events and the events team, including:
- Managing, training, and hiring the Events team
- Project management for all THSC events including:
- identify all aspects of event risk assessment and crisis management strategies
- driving attendance to the event
- coordinating logistics
- coordinating volunteer recruitment and leadership
- producing event materials including invitations and ads that express the THSC brand
- coordinating with outside vendors
- negotiating contracts
- developing programs and agendas
- preparing post-event reports providing analysis and recommendations for future actions and improvements
- Develop and/or maintain highly professional standards and procedures for production of events in keeping with the THSC brand
- Ensure the appropriate tone, schedules and appearance of all events and event-related communications
- Financial Management
- Prepare, manage, and monitor event budgets
- Review monthly financial reports and submit necessary feedback to accounting department
- Proven experience as an event manager
- A minimum of 5 years project management experience
- A knack for problem-solving
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management
- Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Customer Service oriented
- A team player with strong leadership skills
- Strong network of external relationships
- Work from home
- Work for a Christian organization
- Work alongside an incredibly enthusiastic team of individuals passionate about their work
- Serve Texas families and ensure that parents maintain the right to raise their kids for generations to come
THSC currently hosts 10-12 events annually ranging in size from 20 to 6,000+ attendees. The Director of Events role is a full-time executive and salaried position at THSC. It is a remote (work-from-home) position that includes occasional overtime and travel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current on March 1, 2017
(40 hours per week)
THSC is looking for a reliable office administrator. They will undertake administrative tasks, ensuring the upper-management has adequate support to work efficiently.
The office administrator is responsible for providing administrative support to the president and executive director, as well as ensuring the smooth operation of the office and administrative functions of THSC.
The tasks of the office administrator will include bookkeeping and mentoring office assistants. The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritizing tasks, able to work with little supervision, self-motivated and trustworthy.
- Manage agendas/travel arrangements/appointments, etc. for upper management
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing mail, shipping, and receiving
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages, etc.)
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures, which includes printing and mailing disbursement checks, entering deposits into data system, and making bank deposits
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary
- Provide support for office & equipment maintenance
- Define and execute procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer and disposal of records (digital or paper) in order to maintain filing systems (digital or paper)
- Track office supplies stock and place orders when necessary
- Manage purchases and expenditures within the determined budget
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing team tasks and goals as
- Manage the office duties of volunteers and interns
- Schedule staff travel (cars, hotels, flights, etc.) and event registration
- Present a professional, welcoming first contact to all clients, vendors, board members, staff, media, etc. by phone, in person, and through email
Skills and Qualifications:
- Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office; familiar with QuickBooks
- Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Qualifications in secretarial studies will be an advantage
- Work for a Christian organization
- Work independently and have ownership of office role
- Work alongside an enthusiastic team of individuals passionate about their work
- Help ensure Texas parents maintain the right to raise their kids for generations to come
This is a full time, in-office, hourly position. For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume with references to email@example.com.