Are you a skilled writer with a heart for home schooling? Below are details on how you can participate.
Writers’ Guidelines for articles in the Texas Home School Coalition Review
THSC Review is a quarterly magazine for home schooling families. Please refer to our online archives to become familiar with the general format and tone of Review.
We accept submissions for feature articles and sidebars. Please query firstname.lastname@example.org with a single paragraph describing your idea. Queries are generally answered within one month.
We are currently accepting queries only for the following:
Querying Deadline April 3, 2017
- Outside these walls: sports, extra-curricular and out-of-home learning experiences
- Ages and Stages: Academic or social/emotional issues for junior high learners
- Articles should be of general interest to Texas home schoolers.
- Feature article word count is 800 to 1200 words. Sidebars range from 125 to 300 words. Total feature word counts range from 1100 to 1800 words.
- Although we endeavor to retain the author’s tone and original intent, all articles are edited for length, style, clarity, and to improve quality, and edits may be substantial. Prepare yourself by reading “What to do when you’re hit with heavy editing”.
- Articles must not be promotional, but it is acceptable to mention businesses and products in the author’s brief bio, and include a URL.
- Submitting a photo with your article? Download our Photo Release Form.
THSC Payments for Articles
- THSC pays $40 for nonexclusive print and electronic rights to feature articles that have been published previously, or works to which the author wishes to retain the copyright. (Authors should confirm that agreements with previous publishers will not conflict with THSC’s nonexclusive rights.)
- THSC pays $150 for the exclusive print and electronic copyright to previously unpublished works.
Send queries to email@example.com.