Status: Accepting Resumes
Do you have 10 hours a week to invest in the future of Texas? You are almost finished home schooling—now what? THSC has a place for you to use your experience to encourage the next generation of home schooling families!
We’re looking for veteran home school parents to fill a part-time position, working from home to help answer calls from home schoolers.
- Greet callers in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner using agreed-upon procedures.
- Listen attentively to callers’ needs and concerns; demonstrate compassion; clarify callers’ questions.
- Document calls in THSC’s online system.
- Provide general clerical support.
- Review and update records in online system.
- Be available 10 hours per week during regular business hours.
- Make membership renewal phone calls.
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to learn
- Courteousness, with strong customer service orientation
- Dependability, with proficient attention to detail
- Good listening and responding skills
- Flexibility, with the ability to adapt to changes quickly and to think conceptually
- Possession of insight into self and others
- Solid problem solving skills
- Working with a team of like-minded people to further the cause of home schooling in Texas
- Having the opportunity to share the wisdom you’ve developed through your home schooling journey with a new generation
- Most importantly: helping in THSC’s work to encourage home schoolers and to promote home schooling and parental rights!
Status: Accepting Resumes
(20-25 hours per week; 4-5 hours/day between 8 am and 5 pm daily)
The Office Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the office and administrative functions of THSC, as well as providing administrative support to the Executive Leadership Team. The administrative team, including accounting and customer service, works together to provide high quality and timely support to the organization.
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing mail, shipping, and receiving.
- Provide support for general office functions, including printing checks/forms for departments, obtaining signatures, and maintaining office equipment.
- Define procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records (digital and paper) in order to maintain filing systems.
- Prepare an annual budget and manage purchases and expenditures within that budget.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain Insurance requirements for organization.
- Manage Good Citizenship Certificates and Scholarships through THSC.
- Manage volunteers and interns with office duties.
- Schedule staff travel (cars, hotels, flights) and event sign up.
- Present a professional, welcoming first contact to all clients, vendors, board members, staff, and media by phone, in person, and via email.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to adding value to job accomplishments.
- Reporting Skills
- Budgeting and Accountability skills
- Managing Processes
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexibility to adjust to a dynamic work environment
- Neat, organized, able to work independently and interdependently
- Computer literate including spreadsheets, word processing, email, and web
Interested applicants should send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org