Job Description: Publications Manager – Current on May 13, 2015
Passionate about home schooling and have experience with print and digital media? THSC is seeking a take charge, visionary leader for our Publications Department who will implement industry publications practices bringing the THSC REVIEW magazine and all other published resources to the next level.
Summary of Role: Manage and further all aspects of THSC Publications Department
Expectations: Full-time position, during regular business hours, may be performed from home
Intrigued? Below are further details about this position along with information for submitting an application.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- The Publications Manager is responsible to oversee, manage, and improve all aspects of producing all THSC publications including: Texas Home School Review quarterly magazine, Weekly E-Newsletters, Handbook for Texas Home Schoolers, Lone Star Study, Media Guide, Blog, and Website
- Manage the publications team including leading and facilitating weekly team meetings
- Establish and implement proofing and publication processes and budgets, ensuring all protocols, approvals, and deadlines are met
- Write, edit, and proofread content for all publications (print/digital)
- Manage layout and design for all publications
- Create and implement a production schedule and paginations
- Assist with additional website copywriting, proofing, and updating as needed
- Provide an executive report weekly to the Executive Leadership Team and to the THSC board quarterly in committee meetings
- Manage the process and communication with outside vendors in relation to the production of publications
- Recruit, select, and manage volunteer and freelance writers, graphic designers, and publication team volunteers
- Monitor distribution and feedback for all publications
- Input and change content in database throughout the production process
- Confirm applicable publications are posted to social media sites
Publications Manager Qualifications:
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Be organized, deadline-oriented, be able to juggle multiple projects
- Be able to work independently and work well under pressure
- Have excellent supervisory and people skills
- Have strong computer skills
- Be able to exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to THSC publications, hiring and training team members and volunteers, developing and following department budget, and managing special projects and tasks as assigned by the THSC president.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in journalism, communications, media, or related fields preferred
- Experience in magazine development and print media production management
- Work from home
- Work for a Christian organization
- Work alongside an incredibly enthusiastic team of individuals passionate about their work
- Serve the Texas families and ensure that parents maintain the right to raise their kids for generations to come
Other Details: This is a full-time, paid position which may be performed from home with a starting salary range of $26,000-$30,000, commensurate with background and experience. To apply, please submit a resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.