Please also check out volunteer opportunities. We love our volunteers!
Full Time (40 hours) General Event Planner
Open Position: August 2016
The Events team consists of experienced, take-charge professionals who have the ability to manage administration and logistics in support of the events director in a busy special events environment. Responsibilities include recruiting volunteers and assisting with coordinating approximately 10 events per year (including two conventions) ranging in size from 20 to 6000+ attendees.
Event team members agree to travel and overtime associated with hosting events. Event team members work remotely during regular office hours, must have administrative and event-planning experience, must have a computer with internet access, video capabilities, and cell phone.
*Marketing experience and experience with exhibitors and exhibit hall management is a plus.
Planning and Production
- Negotiate for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, make travel arrangements, order event signs, and ensure appropriate décor (florals, linens, color schemes, etc.) to meet the quality expectations of the director.
- Aggressively gather information on each project to achieve quality event productions on a limited budget.
- Recruit, administrate, and manage volunteer teams.
- Serve as liaison with volunteers, vendors, and attendees on event-related matters.
- Promote events.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean-up for events as necessary.
- Close out all events as required.
- Perform office work directly related to the general business operations of THSC through the event planning.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment on significant matters. Evaluate and compare possible courses of action and make a decision or recommendation after considering the various possibilities.
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports to staff directors for each event project.
- Keep track of event finances, including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
- Coordinate appointments and visits to see venues and scheduling of events on the calendar.
- Prepare and modify event contracts as requested.
- Experience coordinating special events.
- Experience with office administrative management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading skills, and speaking.
- Detail-oriented, organized, innovative, and self-motivated.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- A team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, and mail merges; also email and web searches and social media outlets.
- Occasional overtime
- Occasional travel
- Work from home.
- Work for a Christian organization.
- Work alongside an incredibly enthusiastic team of other individuals who are passionate about their work.
- Serve the home school community and ensure that home schooling will be strong in Texas for generations to come.
The THSC Events Department is hiring! We are currently accepting applications for a full time, take charge event planner to join our team. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Full time, hourly position with occasional overtime. $20,000 to $23,000 per year.