Capitol Days 2017
About Capitol Days 2015
THSC Capitol Days is the ultimate hands-on experience in state government and a valuable tool for lobbying the Texas Legislature on current issues of importance. Students and families meet in Austin for activities and training in the legislative process. In the morning session, they will learn about current pending legislation important to Texas home schoolers. After lunch, attendees will reconvene, divide into teams, and spend the afternoon at the Texas State Capitol delivering provided packets and lobbying the home school position to legislators and their staffs.
Thank you for making Capitol Days 2015 such a HUGE success! Here are just a few of the highlights:
- Nearly 700 students and adults attended Capitol Days 2015
- Capitol Days attendees met with their representatives and “lobbied” for two bills:
The TPRRA Grandparent Access Bill and the Tim Tebow Bill
- Every Senator and Representative’s office heard from home schoolers as they were each visited several times
- Over 300 home school attendees were recognized from the Senate Gallery as April 8, 2015 was declared “Home School Day at the Texas Capitol”
- 2015 Capitol Days were held on February 9, March 12, and April 8
THSC Capitol Days are conducted every other year when the Texas Legislature is in session and will be back again in 2017!
Here are some Capitol Days Memories that we wanted to share with you!