While home schoolers in Texas are not required to complete any specified course plan other than a bona fide visual study of reading, spelling, grammar, mathematics, and good citizenship, the Texas Education Agency’s Recommended High School Program may give you starting point.
The TEA Recommended High School Program consists of 26 credits. The Core Recommended Course Sample is:
- 4 credits of English/Language Arts
- 4 credits of Mathematics, including Algebra I, II, and Geometry
- 4 credits of Science, including Biology, Chemistry, and Physics
- 4 credits of Social Studies, including World History, World Geography, U.S. History, ½ credit Government, ½ credit Economics
- 1 credit of Physical Education
- ½ credit of Speech
- 1 credit of Fine Arts
- 5 ½ credits of Electives
- 2 credits of Foreign Language Studies
THSC Member Benefit: High School Transcript
Members of THSC can download a free high school transcript offered in two different formats. If you are experienced at Microsoft Excel, then you will love the spreadsheet version that calculates the student’s GPA for you. If you are not familiar with spreadsheets, then the fill-in PDF version is perfect for you.