THSC is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
THSC may change this policy periodically by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and children’s names and ages,
- contact information including e-mail address, postal address, and Zip code,
- information related to your home school necessary in the membership application process.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emailsabout new products, special offers, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the e-mail address which you have provided.
- Periodically, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by e-mail, phone, fax, or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We sell advertising via our e-Newsletters and e-Blasts, which we will send to the e-mail address that you have provided. Your contact information is never shared with advertisers.
- On rare occasions we rent our mailing list to advertisers and send you promotional information about third parties that we think you may find interesting, (unless you tell us that you do not wish this to happen). When we do this, we use a third party secure mailing service, and your contact information is never shared with advertisers.
- To promote communication and networking in the Texas home school community, we do at times share mailing lists with other home school support organizations whose security policies match ours.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure,we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide while visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you received e-Newsletters from us and want to discontinue receiving them, click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom and follow the instructions to unsubscribe.
- If you would like to opt-out of receiving postal mailings from us or any advertisers, send an e-mail or letter to the address below.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to:
PO Box 6747
Lubbock, TX 79493
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please login and correct that information or write or e-mail us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.