Introducing THSC Legislative Meet and Greets
It’s hard to believe it, but the time has already come to start planning for the 2017 85th Texas Legislature. In fact, THSC has already been hard at work on parental rights and school choice legislation.
THSC is looking at issues that affect home schoolers and parents; especially issues relating to CPS, family law, school choice, and home school access to extra curricular activities. After several victories during the 2015 84th Texas Legislature, we hope to continue to capitalize on this forward momentum in order to find even greater success in the next legislative session.
THSC wants to hear from you about what issues you think are important for home schoolers and parents.
For this reason, THSC is kicking off a series of local meetings with home school groups in cities everywhere. Attendees can expect three benefits:
- Background on Texas laws related to home schooling and parental rights, as well as plans for new legislation during the 85th Texas Legislature.
- Time to ask questions regarding this legislation.
- A chance to talk to us in person and give thoughts and feedback.
Local state representatives and state senators are also invited to these meetings. Texas legislators are key to helping THSC fight in Austin for the rights of parents and home schoolers. The conservative legislators who have been elected truly care about the concerns and recommendations of their constituents, and this is just another way for them to connect with their supporters.
Starting this April, THSC’s goal is to visit at least two local support groups each month to meet member families and provide information about the issues facing Texas home schoolers and the work THSC is doing to defend our rights in Austin.
Three ways that you can help THSC in this movement:
- Please contact THSC if you would like us to visit your local group. THSC has an extensive database of home school support groups and co-ops on our contact list, but we are always looking to connect on the local level with more of these groups.
- Keep informed about the issues facing Texas home schoolers and Texas parents. An informed and active citizenry is the strongest defense to the erosion of our freedoms.
- Pray for God’s favor to rest on our Public Policy Team as they all prepare for the 85th Texas Legislature by drafting legislation and developing strategy to pass the bills that will continue to help Keep Texas Families Free.